The morning flies by in a blur, no time to spare, what am I supposed to eat? Does this sound familiar? Do you find yourself munching on a sugary granola bar or hitting the coffee cart and adding on a bagel or cookie? Give me three minutes as you clean up dinner and I will have you ready to face the day with a nourishing breakfast.
Get your timer ready!
Ready, set, GO!
- Clean pint jar with lid
- ½ cup oats (steel cut or rolled)
- 1 cup of milk, almond milk, soymilk, coconut milk, etc.
- 1tbsp chia seeds
- 1tbsp hemp seeds
- 1tsp honey
- Stir or Shake
- Add ½ cup berries
- Screw on lid
- Place in refrigerator for 8+ hours
- As you dash around your house in the morning, swing by the kitchen and grab your jar, don’t forget a spoon!
- Enjoy cold, or heat in the microwave for 30-60 seconds
Nutrition Facts (using unsweetened almond milk): 364 calories, 12g protein, 50g carb, 12g fiber
Welcome to overnight oats! This is not rocket science, nor a new concept, but a valuable breakfast tool that can vary with the seasons and your taste buds. Look to Pinterest and various cooking blogs for more overnight oat recipes or click on the images in this post to visit some of my favorites blogs.
Sherrill Collins, MS, RDN, LD